Acceptable Use Policy
Host Geek Acceptable Usage Policy
Host Geek customers are not allowed to do the following on our servers:
Run any process or command that consumes an unreasonable amount of system resources, including but not limited to using CPU, RAM, or sustained bandwidth.
Upload data files that are not typically part of a website, this includes PC backups and archives or files not downloadable from your website.
Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, libellous, offensive, pornographic, indecent, profane, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
Restrict or limit other users ability to enjoy the use of the internet or our services.
THE FOLLOWING ARE STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED:
- Run stand alone scripts such as IRCD that are unsttended.
- Run any Internet Relay Chat software (IRC)
- Run any bittorrent software including trackers, clients, etc.
- Do any filesharing / P2P activities
- Run any game server application (unless on a gaming designated server)
- Run cronjobs less than 15 minutes
- Upload or host Adult Content (Illegal or Otherwise)
- Upload or host Rapidleech scripts
- Upload or host Topsite scripts (applies only to shared hosting server, not proxy servers)
- Upload or host proxy scripts
- Upload or host Wares - actual files including but not limited to pirated software, hacker programs, crack and MP3 files.
- Upload or host hack or philsing sites etc
- Abuse Host Geek or other servers / sites within the network.
- File Hosting (Includes Image Hosting)
- Services used to spam (Auto Termination and a removal cost of $45 for any mass mailer scripts found)
- Have anything else that may seem illegal / or breaks the laws withinVictoria, or Australia.
Host Geek's general policy is to act as a neutral provider of access to the global Internet. Host Geek reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customers access to any or all services provided by Host Geek when Host Geek decides that the account has been used inappropriately. Host Geek's determination or decision based on our AUP and other such matters is soley at the discretion of our staff.
Any breach of our Acceptable Use Policy that results in action by our staff will cancel our standard Money Back guarantee and does not mean invoices issued are no longer owing.
This Acceptable Use Policy is part of our Terms & Conditions